Horse Assisted Education (also known as Equine Facilitated Learning) is a powerful experiential relationship building programme working with horses. You will experience a positive change in yourself, your family or team members.
SilentHorsePower reconnects you with mankind’s often overlooked perceptual skills. Same horse, same place, same time, same exercise …… the horse reacts totally differently with each person…and thus we learn.
Who benefits?….. Individuals, Families, Businesses, Teams, Colleagues
Are you facing taking on a new challenge, on a voyage of self-discovery or wanting to develop your own potential in work and play, or release your creative powers?
Do you feel there is a breakdown in communication within your family?
Is your organisation needing a new approach to a business challenge?Dealing with Change management? Have issues around team performance or inter-departmental co-operation? Low staff morale or high absenteeism levels? Are you looking for innovative management training to improve leadership skills?
Is your sports team on a losing streak and need to refocus?
No riding is involved.
According to Mehrabian’s study of humans communicating feelings and attitudes, 93% is non-verbal yet most education and training concentrates on the remaining 7%: words.
This programme concentrates on the largely neglected 93% and that is why horses are so relevant. 100% of a horse’s communication is non-verbal. You cannot smooth-talk or hoodwink horses. Like some people, horses do not respond well to intimidation. As you learn to lead a horse without words (and without force), you are developing your communication skills. You will be amazed at how instant and accurate the feedback is.
During the day, the horse’s behaviour gives you constant feedback on your own skills and behaviour. You immediately find out what works and what does not. You will practice what does work and feel the buzz of seeing results there and then. The experience of most people leaving our workshops is that they gained more from the day than they had originally anticipated.
Horses are wise mentors. As natural herd animals they need to communicate non verbally, (the Greek work for horse is ‘alogo’, meaning without words). As prey animals, their “flight” instincts are vital to their survival. These two inherent qualities become instant mirrors and non-judgmental feedback mechanisms for humans. Horses sense and respond to a person’s intentions, emotions and thoughts that are conveyed subconsciously through the most subtle of body language. In fact they really are able to read your thoughts. Through the experience of observing a horse’s response to their requests and directions, each person learns how to communicate more effectively, face their fears and manage their emotions, becoming more consistent and congruent with their actions.
Through observation of herd dynamics and one-on-one interaction with individual horses, participants also learn new relationship building skills. A tremendous confidence boost comes from learning how to connect with and direct a 600kg animal while standing on the ground. Sessions with horses are highly interactive and provide an ‘in the moment’ learning experience, teaching skills which can be difficult to acquire in more traditional settings.